Start a new topic

Generated SQL needs NVARCHAR indicator

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and above - When exporting SQL scripts (data into INSERT statements) I need for the NVARCHAR fields to have the NVARCHAR indicator in front of the data. For example, if the table is: CREATE TABLE [IPP_SUPPORT].[DBO].[AlerterEmailTemplates] ( [cultureCode] VARCHAR(25) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL, [emailType] VARCHAR(100) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL, [emailSubject] NVARCHAR(500) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL, [emailBody] NVARCHAR(MAX) COLLATE SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS NOT NULL ); If if use DBViz to export, I get INSERT INTO dbo.AlerterEmailTemplates (cultureCode, emailType, emailSubject, emailBody) VALUES ('en-US', 'the type', 'the subject', 'thebody'); but I need INSERT INTO dbo.AlerterEmailTemplates (cultureCode, emailType, emailSubject, emailBody) VALUES ('en-US', 'the type', N'the subject', N'thebody'); Is there a way to do this? I haven't been able to figure it out if there is. If not I'd like to add it as a feature suggestion.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Generated SQL needs NVARCHAR indicator
Hi Jack, Thanks for the report. Unfortunately there is no way to get this prefix added automatically today, but we have an open ticket on this so I will add your vote for it. For now, you need to add it manually in the generated script. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Generated SQL needs NVARCHAR indicator
OK, thanks - at least I'll stop poking around looking for a way to do it.