Start a new topic

DBVisualizer is always trying to connect to a different connection

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hello, I have 2 defined connectios in DBVisualizer, one working with Informix and the other one with mySQL. The Informix connection works completely well. The mySQL connection, although i can access to its sheme, including the Tabels and its Data tab and the respective data, i can´t run queries. Each time i try to run a query on the mySQL connection, i get a window to "Establish database connection for: <name of the Informix connection" and DBVisualizer doesn´t run my query unless i establish the other connection. When i establish the connection, it runs the query but the result is that the tables doesn't exist, because DBVisualizer is trying to run it in the Informix connection and not in the mySQL connection, where the tables are. How can i run queries on the mySQL connection, without DBVisualizer trying to connect and run the query on the other connection?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DBVisualizer is always trying to connect to a different connection
Hi, You need to select which Database Connection the SQL Commander should use in the drop down list in the SQL Commander toolbar. In your screenshot, the "synopdb_prd" is selected and I assume that is the Informix connection. Selecting the connection node in the tree does nothing with regards to setting the target connection for the SQL Commander, since you can have multiple SQL Commander tabs with different target connections. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DBVisualizer is always trying to connect to a different connection
Thank you, Hans! The problem had the solution that you suggested. Regards, Joao.