Start a new topic

Oracle OCI - Failover

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I would want to test a failover with oracle OCI and TAF. The connection is setted with SCAN address (oracle grid with 2 nodes) and I would want that when one node is in failed status, the connection switch in the other node. DBVisualizer must maintain the connection up when one node is down. Actually the connection of dbvisualizer go down when I cause a failover in one node. The current setting is: The dbvisualizer connection: *jdbc:oracle:oci:@(description=(address=(host=ol6-121-scan) (protocol=tcp)(port=1521))(connect_data=(SERVICE_NAME=[cdbrac])))* TNSNAMES.ORA on both node: CDBRAC = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=ol6-121-scan)(PORT=1522)) (LOAD_BALANCE = YES) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVER = DEDICATED) (SERVICE_NAME = cdbrac) (FAILOVER_MODE = (TYPE=session) (METHOD=preconnect) (RETRIES=10) (DELAY=10) ) ) ) What Should I make to have dbvisualizer always connected? Edited by: sardinia on Feb 27, 2015 3:05 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Oracle OCI - Failover
Hi, This is not something DbVisualizer can handle. It sounds like functionality that the JDBC driver in combination with the TNS listener would need to handle. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Oracle OCI - Failover
Hi Sardinia, make the jdbc connect string complete. It should have the same description as your tns alias has. You are nog using the tnsnames.ora so you should copy the contents of your alias into your jdbc connect string. Now you only have connect time failiover, meaning that the scan will give you a connection to one of the surviving instances.