Start a new topic

SLQ Server - Remove code and state from output

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Recently changed from *MS SQL Server Management Studio* to *DbVisualizer for mac*. I'm quite familiar with SQL server studio and have several tools which I use with Copy / Paste from output. My challenge with changing to Mac has been replace the MS SQL studio, the DBVis seems to replace it in full (from what I saw so far) and in some cases making it better but in this particularly case I would like to receive less information. as example I have a storage procedure that when execute sends out a few lines of information that I need to copy/paste to another app on the *MS SQL Server Management Studio* the *EXEC StorageProcedure* will return: DEVICEXPTO ......The Device DEVICEXPTO is already open DEVICEXPTO ......Device DEVICEXPTO open with success DEVICEXPTO ......The Device DEVICEXPTO is already open on the *DBVis* the *EXEC StorageProcedure* will return: Code: 50000 SQL State: 01000 --- DEVICEXPTO ......The Device DEVICEXPTO is already open Code: 50000 SQL State: 01000 --- DEVICEXPTO ......Device DEVICEXPTO open with success Code: 50000 SQL State: 01000 --- DEVICEXPTO ......The Device DEVICEXPTO is already open is it possible to suppress the *"Code: 50000 SQL State: 01000 --- "* from the msg ? Thank you

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SLQ Server - Remove code and state from output
Hi Paulo, The information from the stored procedure is sent as warnings to DbVisualizer (that's how the JDBC API reports it). In some cases the codes are meaningful in order to understand the message, and DbVisualizer has no way to understand that in this particular case they can be omitted. So, sorry, there is currently no way to suppress them. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: SLQ Server - Remove code and state from output
Not the answer I was expecting but ... Thank you for your quick reply.