Start a new topic

Very Urgent as unable to connect to DB2

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello All; Very much appreciate if any members can guide me why I am receiving this error when trying to connect to DB2 server running on Z/OS Mainframe. Steps: 1) Entered IP and Port number and tested using ping server on DBVisulizer window. Get a Ping Alive message which means port is open. 2) While click on Connect button on the same window then getting an error message as below: An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: [jcc][t4][2034][11148][3.61.75] Execution failed due to a distribution protocol error that caused deallocation of the conversation. A DRDA Data Stream Syntax Error was detected. Reason: 0x3. ERRORCODE=-4499, SQLSTATE=58009 Details:    Type: com.ibm.db2.jcc.am.DisconnectNonTransientException    Error Code: -4499    SQL State: 58009 Note: I am able to successfully connect to another database with a different IP and Port id using same process. Many Thanks Ashwini
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Very Urgent as unable to connect to DB2
Ashwini, I am sorry but I have no more details to share on this. Maybe the following may help: https://jazz.net/forum/questions/97870/fix-crjaz1579e-execution-failed-due-to-a-distribution-protocol-error-that-caused-deallocation-of-the-conversation-a-drda-data-stream-syntax-error-was-detected Regards Roger