Start a new topic

Objects filtering enhancements

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would like to filter out table names which end with specific string but looks like it is impossible with current filtering operators. Following current convention new operator would have to be added "not ends with" probably together with complementary "not begins with". I wonder if it wouldn't be better to add flag to filtering rule that would negate its outcome. On a related note, in previous versions of DbVisualizer docs (9.1 I think) I found that regular expressions could be used in filtering expressions. Is that still possible and if yes how to do it exactly as I couldn't get it to work in any way?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Objects filtering enhancements
Jan, We will add regex, like, and not like filters in the next maintenance version (9.2.6). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger, that is a great news. One thing though regarding filtering documentation that I referred to in my previous post. It was mentioned that begin of line (^)/end of line ($) characters cannot be used in a pattern. The latter is crucial in my case. Can you make sure it is possible to match with $ too?

Jan, The current documentation for object filtering is here: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Filtering+Database+Objects The begin/end restriction in previous versions is removed in the next 9.2.6 version. Regards Roger

Jan, We have just released 9.2.6 with support for using regex, like and not like in object filters. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks a lot Roger. New version works great and now I could implement all my filtering rules.