Start a new topic

Error in automatic generated ALTER TABLE SQL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have a database named myk-receivers (that I cannot modify!) and if I try to alter a table through the UI, I get an error on the "-" in the database name. There is a way to tell DBVis to enclose all object names in "" ? Thank you

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Error in automatic generated ALTER TABLE SQL
Fabrizio, What database are you using and what is the Database Type set to in the Connection tab details? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm using Postgres, settings are http://to.fbrz.io/1HN0FfQ with filtering on as "Show only default database/schema". Thanks
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Fabrizio, When using special characters in object names, you need to ask DbVisualizer to use delimited identifiers. You can do so in the Properties tab for the connection, in the Delimited Identifiers category. To get the Alter Table dialog to use them, make sure you enable it for Scripting, but you may want to enable it for the other areas as well (Auto Completion/Query Builder and Export). Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Wonderful! Thanks! I tried to find the properties through the context menu, but it appears only double clicking on the connection itself :-)