Start a new topic

Import CSV settings not saving, or not loading - not sure which

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

There is a wide table I need to import, and I have to go back and readjust the types on the same 7 columns every time I import that table. I created a settings file to hopefully save those column type mappings, but it doesn't work. I load the settings, and the mappings I thought I saved are not there. I have a licensed Pro edition, running 9.1.11 on Windows 8.1, Java 1.8.0_45. Attaching the settings file.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import CSV settings not saving, or not loading - not sure which
Hi Alexandra, The column type mapping are not saved, because they varies depending on the input file. Instead, try to increase the Preview Rows value. DbVisualizer looks at the data in the specified number of rows to suggest the data types. With a alerter number of rows, chances are that the suggested types will match your data better. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you, Hans. I do usually select several hundred. Problem is certain problem custom columns being exported will not come as booleans but strings. :/ I was misinformed about the feature. I assumed the settings would be specific to the table, not global.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Alexandra, Have you tried specifying the strings that correspond to true and false in the Boolean True and Boolean False fields in the Import dialog? These fields have the most common strings as the default but you can enter any strings. Best Regards, Hans