Start a new topic

Oracle Schema names not loading correctly?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In 9.1.X DBVisualizer versions (just tested on 9.1.13), the following query (which is used, per the debug log, for loading schema names in the Connections left menu) returns correctly. However, in 9.2.X versions (tested on 9.2.3-9.2.7), this query returns the correct number of results (e.g.- 1,474), but as empty/blank names. SELECT username AS TABLE_SCHEM FROM all_users UNION SELECT 'PUBLIC' AS TABLE_SCHEM FROM dual ORDER BY TABLE_SCHEM Database details: Version: Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.8.0 - 64bit Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.8.0 - Production Driver: Oracle JDBC driver 12.1.0.2.0 This seems to cause issues with other queries with references to those schemas. Is there any workaround or setting change to fix this? Thanks!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Oracle Schema names not loading correctly?
Hi, In DbVisualizer 9.2 the JDBC driver for Oracle was updated to the most recent version. You probably need to use an older version of the driver that is compatible with your version of Oracle. If you used versions of DbVisualizer before 9.2 successfully with Oracle 9 then you can download and unpack the following driver. http://www.dbvis.com/temp/oracle.zip Now open DbVisualizer and the Tools->Driver Manager. Create a new custom driver entry and then select it. In the User Specified right pane tab click the Open button and load all of the .jar files in the folder. Wait until the custom driver is displayed with a green icon in the list. Close the driver manager. Then in the connection tab for your Oracle 9 connection, choose the new custom Oracle driver. I hope this helps. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Oracle Schema names not loading correctly?
Thank you- that worked! I also like this solution because it should persist as I upgrade versions of DBVis. Thanks!