Start a new topic

JDBC\ODBC Bridge Driver

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

OK, I am green as grass. I removed the default JDBC\ODBC Bridge driver and I have no idea how to get it back. I am trying to connect to a Lotus Notes database via ODBC connection and that was my only way that I could pull that off. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: JDBC\ODBC Bridge Driver
Hi, Which DbVisualizer version and Java version are you using? Find out in Help->About. For the JDBC/ODBC driver you can either open Tools->Driver Manager, select the JDBC/ODBC Bridge in the list and in the System Classpath tab to the right click the second (from top) button to locate the driver in the jar files. An alternative is to re-start DbVisualizer. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

DBVisualizer Version: Free 9.2.8 [Build #2468] Java Version: I have both 7 and 8.0.51 2 things I found out: 1. I was using the .ZIP file without the jre folder. I found this out by installing the .exe with the jre folder. Once I copied the jre folder to the ZIP version, it worked. 2. The second thing I did was to go to C:\Users\<username>\.dbvis\config70\dbvis.xml and validated the JDBC/ODBC driver was listed: <Driver> <Name>JDBC/ODBC Bridge</Name> <IsDefaultDriver>false</IsDefaultDriver> <Type>jdbc/odbc</Type> <URLFormat>jdbc:odbc:<datasource></URLFormat> <DefaultClass>sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</DefaultClass> <Locations> <Location type="system"> <Path>C:\DbVisualizer\jre\lib\rt.jar</Path> <Classes> <Class type="jdbc">sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver</Class> </Classes> </Location> </Locations> </Driver> <Driver> Once I copied the jre folder and the made sure the driver referenced that location, it worked.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, Great it works now. On a related note, the JDBC/ODBC Bridge driver is removed by Oracle from Java 8. Read more in: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/JDBC-ODBC+Bridge+Driver+Alternatives Regards Roger