Start a new topic

Copying cells with formatting characters inside

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi best support team! I'd like to ask you about issue When copying cells with formatting characters inside in excel way from one table to another, the DBVIS adding new rows, thinking that newline, returns or carriage need to appear in the lower cells and so on, so instead of 4 cells i am getting 13 (for example) Is there any special copy command to make copying more user-friendly? I attached screenshots for the reference. Thanks you in advance!

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Copying cells with formatting characters inside
Elias, DbVisualizer use newline characters to determine rows in data being pasted even if these are embedded in a cell value. I will add your vote for having a Paste Special option (or similar) that gives a few choices if/how the data should be transformed. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Copying cells with formatting characters inside
dear Roger! Thanks for your reply. For all the time I've been using your amazing software I never been in need to paste data in the table so the data will split to different cells.