Start a new topic

[BUG] Columns tab for tables is empty on Oracle 11g

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Since v9.2.8 the *Columns* tab for tables is empty on Oracle 11g, and a message 'Result set is empty' is shown. It seems a bug/regression to us because it works on v9.2.7. FYI, the Columns tab for tables on DB2 and SQL Server is still working as expected. Thanks in advance.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: [BUG] Columns tab for tables is empty on Oracle 11g
Hi, In DbVisualizer 9.2 the JDBC driver for Oracle was updated to the most recent version. You probably need to use an older version of the driver that is compatible with your version of Oracle. If you used versions of DbVisualizer before 9.2 successfully with Oracle 9 then you can unpack the following zip file to a folder: http://www.dbvis.com/temp/oracle.zip Now open DbVisualizer and the Tools->Driver Manager. Create a new custom driver entry and then select it. In the User Specified right pane tab click the Open button and load all of the .jar files in the folder. Wait until the custom driver is displayed with a green icon in the list. Close the driver manager. Then in the connection tab for your Oracle 9 connection, choose the new custom Oracle driver. I hope this works. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

On Release Notes for [v9.2.8|https://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.2.8] and above we cannot see any JDBC drivers update note. In fact, the same Oracle driver works just well in v9.2.7, so it seems more a bug for v9.2.8 to us... The Oracle DB version (v11gR2) has not changed, too. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I just tried with 9.2.8 and 9.2.9 and it works fine for me. Can you please enable debug in Tools->Debug Window (Debug tab) and then open the Columns tab that shows no columns. Then use the Help->Contact Support to send the log file and I will have a look. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We just noticed an old Oracle JDBC driver was loaded by the Driver Manager instead of the last driver version available. That was our mistake: we are really sorry about that! Anyway, there was a strange behavior because the rollback to the backed up configuration got the feature working again. Thank you very much Roger for prompt support!

Great! Thanks for letting me know. Regards Roger