Start a new topic

SSL Connection Error - Vertica

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, We trying to connect from DBVisualizer 9.2.8 to Vertica 7.1.2 using SSL connection but it gave me an error. When I pinged it, it says the server is alive. However, when I tried it using a command line (vsql), it connected just fine using SSL. Does anybody have any idea why it is rejecting the authentication? I suspect, there is an issue with Java. Here is the error message: *Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.2.8 [Build #2468]* *OS: Windows Server 2008 R2* *OS Version: 6.1* *OS Arch: amd64* *Java Version: 1.7.0_80* *Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM* *Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation* *Java Home: c:\program files\dbvisualizer\jre* *DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer* *User Home: C:\Users\**** *PrefsDir: C:\Users\**** *SessionId: 832* *BindDir: null* *An error occurred while establishing the connection:* *Long Message:* *[Vertica][VJDBC](100024) IOException while communicating with server: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target.* *Details:* *   Type: java.sql.SQLRecoverableException* *   Error Code: 100024* *   SQL State: 08S01* Any feedback is greatly appreciated. John
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SSL Connection Error - Vertica
Hi John, This indicates that the database server certificate is a self-sgned certificate that is not registered with the local Java trusted key store. Please search the net with the error message and you find lots of threads discussing this. Hopefully one of them will help you resolve the problem. Please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Best Regards, Hans