Start a new topic

create statement and insufficient error

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Seems straight forward (Pro 9.0.3, MySQL) CREATE TABLE massAffiliation ( providerID bigint(19), sessionID varchar(30)) ); returns ... 1 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.000/0.000 sec [0 successful, 0 warnings, 1 errors] and that is all. new to DBvis and MySQL. Please be kind.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: create statement and insufficient error
Tobar, The problem in this case is due to the second right parenthesis in "varchar(30))". Remove the last one and it should run. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Duh!!! (sheesh). New to DBVis/MySQL, but not databases. I should have seen that. Do you know is it DBVis or MySQL that communicates the error poorly?

It seem like you have disabled showing error messages in the Log tab, probably by mistake (they are shown by default). If you enable Show Message in the Log tab right-click menu, you would see this message when executing what you tried originally: 15:12:02 [CREATE - 0 row(s), 0.070 secs] [Error Code: 1064, SQL State: 42000] You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 4 Code: 1064 SQL State: 42000 --- You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ')' at line 4 ... 1 statement(s) executed, 0 row(s) affected, exec/fetch time: 0.070/0.000 sec [0 successful, 0 warnings, 1 errors] Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, perhaps this is the previous post you referenced. These directions for finding the "show messages" click is better. It was indeed off. But it was off on several of the tabs. I am fairly confident I would not have accidently turned off on all. That said I created a new tab and it was set. At least now I know how to fix. thanks. [I forgot I originally lumped 2 issues into one post. I did not think to recheck this one. I apologize for a portion of my statement on inclusive answers].

Hi, Yes, this is the previous post I was referring to. Sorry if it wasn't clear, but since both your posts were about the same issues, I though it would be clear. Anyway, I take it the issue is resolved now? If not, please let us know if we can be of further assistance. Best Regards, Hans