Start a new topic

Hyphens in Table/Field names using Progress OpenEdge JDBC Driver

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm wondering if there is a setting withing Dbvis that will auto quote around table and field names that contain a hyphen in them? I'm connecting to a Progress database using the OpenEdge JDBC driver. When I try and use the query builder within Dbvis the statement it generates fails because almost every table and field name has a hyphen in it. Example table/field would be ENTITY.ENTITY-ID I know if I wrap the "ENTITY-ID" in quotes the statement will work. I'm curious if Dbvis can do this on it's own or do I need to go back and warp every hyphen in quotes myself?
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Hyphens in Table/Field names using Progress OpenEdge JDBC Driver
Hi, I already answered the ticket you submitted about this problem, but in case others have the same problem, you can control this via properties. Double-click the connection node and then open its *Properties* tab. Select the *Delimited Identifiers* category and enable the use of delimited identifiers for *Auto Completion/Query Builder*. Best Regards, Hans