Start a new topic

Controlling Output from a .bat file

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, Apologies if this question has been answered. I've searched the forum and other places and haven't found the answer. Is there a way to set the delimiter when outputting to a csv file using the command line interface? I'm trying to run queries and output the results using a combination of a batch file, the command line interface and windows task scheduler. Then I want to process these outputs using an Excel VBA macro, using a different batch file and scheduled task. Each stage is working ok in itself, however the problem I am having is that the csv file isn't delimited so my 'text to columns' line in the VBA doesn't have the desired effect. I can't use space as a delimiter as one of my extracts contains a name field. I've spent a good couple of hours on this now and don't seem to be getting anywhere, so any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Mr H

1 person has this question

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Controlling Output from a .bat file
Hi, Assuming you are using the @export command, you can set the column delimiter with: @export set CsvColumnDelimiter=" All @export options are described here: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Exporting+Query+Results Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Controlling Output from a .bat file
Thanks Hans, I was initially using the -output command in the batch file, but changing to @export in the sql works much better. Thanks!