Start a new topic

Suggestions for tabs in SQL Commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I've read the comments complaining about the new single row layout when there are lots of tabs. I am not too excited about this myself, but maybe you could remedy the situation with the following suggestions (in order of preference): - move the log tab, resultset tab (containing all resultsets) and (for Oracle) the DBMS output tab to the bottom of the output area again (as in DbVisualizer 8.0.12) - make it configurable to hide the DBMS output tab for Oracle (this would be greatly appreciated). I NEVER use this tab, and because it is together with the resultset tabs, this is unnecessary clutter - make it configurable to place the log tab either as first or last tab (before or after all resultsets) - make it configurable that after executing several SQLs to set the focus on the first resultset tab, not the last One other item: when placing the mouse pointer over the tab headers, it is possible to scroll through them with the mouse wheel very fast. This is sometimes even faster than selecting the desired resultset from the list view. Regards, Andreas Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.10 [Build #2477] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: amd64 Java Version: 1.7.0_80 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Suggestions for tabs in SQL Commander
Andreas, Thanks for your suggestions. I will open a ticket and we'll look into it. Regards Roger

Andreas, This has now been fixed in the just released 9.2.14 version. To hide the DBMS tab open the connection properties for your Oracle connection(s) and select the SQL Commander category. To control the active tab after script execution, do this in Tool Properties and the General / SQL Commander / Result Sets category. Download from http://www.dbvis.com/download/ or use Help->Check for Update to upgrade. Regards Roger

Andreas, This has now been fixed in the just released 9.2.14 version. Download from http://www.dbvis.com/download/ or use Help->Check for Update to upgrade. Regards Roger