Start a new topic

(9.2.9) I don't see Java VM properties to change them

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Dear, As stated on [this FAQ|http://confluence.dbvis.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=3146118] you should be able to change for example the Java memory in the menu Tools - Properties - General. I don't have the part "Java VM properties", I only have the "Tool Properties" and "Reset Hidden messages" parts, below that is a grey empty part... ??? I also don't have a /home//.dbvis/user.vmoptions file ... ??? Anybody knows how I can change the Java memory anyhow because I'm running out of memory on big datasets. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.9 [Build #2473] OS: Linux OS Version: 4.1.5-1-ARCH OS Arch: amd64 Java Version: 1.7.0_85 Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk/jre DbVis Home: /usr/share/java/dbvis User Home: /home/xxxxx PrefsDir: /home/xxxxx/.dbvis SessionId: 452 BindDir: /home/xxxxx/.dbvis/[0]

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: (9.2.9) I don't see Java VM properties to change them
Hi, Which installer did you use to install DbVisualizer? You find them here http://www.dbvis.com/download/ The dbvis executable should be part of any of the installers. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, While looking for the executable file, which I couldn't find, I stumbled upon the file that I normally use: /usr/bin/dbvisgui I looked into this file, and it has the java memory configured in there, so changed it there: java -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,javax/swing/text/GlyphView,getBreakSpot *-Xmx1024M* $MAX_PERM_SIZE -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true -splash:"/usr/share/java/dbvis/resources/images/splash-animated.gif" -Ddbvis.home="/usr/share/java/dbvis" -cp $CP com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizerGUI "$@" Maybe some other users may find this useful...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, While looking for the executable file, which I couldn't find, I stumbled upon the file that I normally use: /usr/bin/dbvisgui I looked into this file, and it has the java memory configured in there, so changed it there: java -XX:CompileCommand=exclude,javax/swing/text/GlyphView,getBreakSpot *-Xmx1024M* $MAX_PERM_SIZE -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true -splash:"/usr/share/java/dbvis/resources/images/splash-animated.gif" -Ddbvis.home="/usr/share/java/dbvis" -cp $CP com.onseven.dbvis.DbVisualizerGUI "$@" Maybe some other users may find this useful...
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, You must start DbVisualizer using the dbvis executable. The Java properties cannot be adjusted in the GUI if you start with dbvisgui.sh. Regards Roger