Start a new topic

Export index from database

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have to get the index information from the master to copy to a replica, before promoting it to the master. But when I select the tables, and click include table index and press "Export" It looks like it is gathering up information, the dialog shows that 163 rows were affected, when I go to look at the exported file, there is nothing in the file. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.12 [Build #2486] OS: Linux OS Version: 3.19.0-33-generic OS Arch: amd64 Java Version: 1.8.0_66 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre DbVis Home: /opt/DbVisualizer User Home: /home/ PrefsDir: /home//.dbvis SessionId: 378 BindDir: /home//.dbvis/[0] Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Best regards, Levi
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Export index from database
Hi Levi, It sounds like you also have Include Table Data selected and that is where the 163 rows come from. The table and index DDL is generated with the @ddl command if Generate CREATE Statements and Include Table Indexes are checked, and the log output for the @ddl command should look like this: 14:01:45 [@EXPORT - 0 row(s), 0.003 secs] Command processed @ddl table="dbo.DatabaseLog" drop="false" constrctrl="noconstr" native="true"; 14:01:45 [@DDL - 1 row(s), 0.000 secs] Export processed @ddl indexesfortable="dbo.DatabaseLog" drop="false" native="true"; 14:01:45 [@DDL - 1 row(s), 0.000 secs] Export processed @ddl table="dbo.DatabaseLog" constrctrl="onlyconstr" native="true"; 14:01:45 [@DDL - 1 row(s), 0.000 secs] Export processed If this does not match what you see, please post a screenshot of the dialog's Settings tab and the text from the Log tab after exporting. Best Regards, Hans