Start a new topic

Connection Error: Could not getColumn(1) for show search_path...

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hey All, Setting up DBViz Pro 9.2.12 after switching my work computer from a PC to a Mac. The server, port, database link, and auth info should all be OK (connection works for others with same info). PostgreSQL database. Can't seem to find any troubleshooting for this error: An error occurred while establishing the connection: Could not getColumn(1) for show search_path for XXXX. No results were returned by the query. Anyone know what I should be looking for?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Connection Error: Could not getColumn(1) for show search_path...
Eddie, What is the result when you run: show search_path? Since you are unable to connect, you will need some other SQL front-end to run it. We will release 9.2.13 soon with a fix so that if the above command fail during connect it should not stop DbVisualizer from properly connecting. Regards Roger

Eddie, 9.2.13 has just been released. Give it a try. Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hey Roger, 9.2.13 fixed it, I'm able to connect normally. Thanks!

Eddie, Great to hear. In the previous version it failed due to a problem executing *show search_path*. What is the result if you execute *show search_path* in the SQL Commander? Regards Roger