Start a new topic

Starting editing by typing in a grid cell

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In editable grids, I can start editing a cell by typing the new value and confirming the edit with return or tab. However, this does not work if I have to use Alt Gr to type the character. For example, on a German keyboard this is the case for {, [, ], }, \, ~, @, | and the Euro sign. Does this have do to with keyboard shortcuts (Alt Gr seems to be the same as Ctrl + Alt)? For example, if I want to type the Euro sign, I press Alt Gr + E. The shortcut Ctrl + Alt + E is defined for exporting, so I get the exporting dialog (I have to redefine the key binding for export if I want to use the Euro sign). To type @, I press Alt Gr + Q. I found no shortcut for Ctrl + Alt + Q, but editing isn't started nonetheless. Can you change this behavior? Regards, Andreas Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.10 [Build #2477] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: amd64 Java Version: 1.7.0_80 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Starting editing by typing in a grid cell
Andreas, You are right that some key combinations do not trigger the field editor. The current workaround is to first enter edit mode in the cell and then start the key combinations to insert the requested character. We will look into whether this is easy to fix. Regards Roger