Start a new topic

Leaving sessions open?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm using 8.x Pro and not 9. In what version can I expect to see reliable connection management? ie. often I can fire off a query stop it but the stop didn't actually stop it and it will be left running the the only way to kill it is to have an Oracle DBA kill my session. Is there any version that improves upon connection management?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Leaving sessions open?
Robert, We haven't got any previous reports that stopping doesn't properly kill the ongoing execution for Oracle. Does it happen for any job that is stopped? When this happens, how do you detect that it still executes after stop: - nothing happens in DbVisualizer and it continues to run? - it stops in DbVisualizer but still seems to run on the DB server? I suggest you try this with DbVisualizer 9.2.x. If the problem persists please use Help->Contact Support to report the problem. It collects some information about your setup which is useful for us. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Well it doesn't happen mostly when I'm on VPN but if there's a way to avoid it it would be helpful. Sometimes you'll run a query hit stop the query will still be running and the button will no longer be enabled to stop the query. Once that happens you've usually lost the ability to stop the query.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Robert, With the latest version, there is a Task Manager (introduced in DbVisualizer 9.0) that can be used to stop any job, so even if the Stop button in the SQL Commander is disabled, you may be able to stop it that way. Like Roger said, please download the latest version and see if resolves the problem. Assuming your license is not valid for 9.2.x, you can start an evaluation period in Help->Evaluate Pro Edition to get access to all Pro features for three weeks. Best Regards, Hans