Start a new topic

RowCount export option vs. SQL Commander Max Rows setting

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi DBVis-Team, I am pretty sure this was reported before and it was fixed. Anyhow, the Max Rows setting of the current SQL Commander window seems to supersede the RowCount option when exporting data to a file. That seems to be the case whether RowCount is set to -1 or any other number. It only exports all data when Max Rows in the SQL Commander is set to -1. See screenshot attached. Can you confirm this behaviour as a bug? Thanks, Raik Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.14 [Build #2495] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.8.0_65 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_65 DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer SessionId: 644

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: RowCount export option vs. SQL Commander Max Rows setting
Hi Raik, The rowCount parameter is no longer supported. Use @set maxRows instead: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Using+Client-Side+Commands Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, thanks for the clarification. May I suggest that you delete this parameter from the automatic export script generation then to avoid confusion. Thanks, Raik

Hi Raik, Yes, you're right. It will be removed from the generated script in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Raik, This is now fixed in DbVisualizer 9.2.15. Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger!

Roger, I noticed that the RowCount parameter is still being generated. Can you confirm? Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.2.15 [Build #2502] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.8.0_73 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_73 DbVis Home: C:\Program Files\DbVisualizer SessionId: 192

Hi Raik, With 9.2.15, it should not be reported and I do not see it in the Log tab of the Export action dialog or when copying the settings from this dialog. Where do you still see it? Best Regards, Hans
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Hans, if I use the export button in the results tab, then chose settings -> copy settings to clipboard and paste it to a SQL commander it still appears. I also made a screenshot, see attached. Thanks, Raik

Hi Raik, Ah, now I see it. It was only fixed for the script that is executed by Export Schema, Export Table, etc., not for Copy Settings to Clipboard. It will be fixed for this case as well in the next maintenance release. Best Regards, Hans