Start a new topic

Export to XLS causes corrupt file?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have this weird issue I'm not sure if it's just me or not. I've confirmed this issue on 3 different VMs all Windows 7, using Office 2010, 2013, and 2016. Confirmed issue on Linux using 9.2.13 by copying exported XLS to a Windows machine afterwards. DbVis versions I've confirmed have the problem : 9.2.14, 9.2.13, 9.2.10, 9.2.8 DbVis versions that do not have the same problem : 9.1.13 Doesn't seem to matter if I use with or without bundled JRE. Step 1) Run any query or procedure (doesn't matter what) in the SQL Commander tab, and then choose Export icon, XLS, Binary Excel, save to pc. -OR- Right click on any table in the databases pane, chose Export Table, XLS, Binary Excel, save it to pc. Step 2) Open up file in Excel. Click on the + icon towards the bottom of the window to add a new sheet. It will crash excel and force you to restart. Other Notes : If you export as OOXML XLSX it does not crash the same. Exporting as CSV and opening in excel is obviously fine. Opening a "buggy" XLS in excel you can copy and paste data in a new workbook with adding sheets no issue. All other editing (noticed so far) in a "buggy" XLS seems to work without issue. Is this a known bug or can anyone else confirm? Is there something obvious I'm overlooking?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Export to XLS causes corrupt file?
Hi, We have confirmed that this is indeed a bug. Thanks for reporting this. This will be corrected in the next release. As a workaround make sure to select a sheet (any) before clicking the "+" icon. Regards Ulf
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Awesome, thank you!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, This is now fixed in DbVisualizer 9.2.15. Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger