Start a new topic

Getting versions failed. Does DbVisualizer use proxy HTTP or SOCKS?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Proxy is HTTP "access.lb.xxx.xxx:80". SOCKS is not an proxy option. Have never had this problem. Also intermittently getting SOCKS error when connecting to database; have to close and restart DbVisualizer. *Getting versions failed.* Please check the Proxy Settings. sun.security.provider.certpathSunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target Product: DbVisualizer Free 9.2.15 [Build #2502] OS: Windows 7 OS Version: 6.1 OS Arch: x86 Java Version: 1.8.0_74 Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation Java Home: d:\dbvisualizer\jre DbVis Home: D:\DbVisualizer User Home: C:\Users\540919 PrefsDir: C:\Users\540919\.dbvis SessionId: 72 BindDir: null Thanks for help. David

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Getting versions failed. Does DbVisualizer use proxy HTTP or SOCKS?
Hi David, Have you added any Java VM properties in Tools->Tool Properties in the General/General category, such as properties for pointing out another truststore? If so, that probably explains this as the truststore may not include the CA that has signed the dbvis.com certificate. If this is not the case, please see if this FAQ helps: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/FAQ/Cannot+connect+when+Proxy+Settings+are+Use+System+Proxy Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The connection problem has gone away but I still get the error when checking for updates or applying for an evaluation license. I disabled the "Use the same proxy server for all protocols" in Internet Explorer but it didn't make a difference. David

Hi David, Do you manually specify a proxy in Tool Properties now? Do you have any truststore settings in Tool Properties, under General/General? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, Yes, I specify the proxy manually and I have no truststore settings in Tool Properties. Did something change between 9.2.14 and 9.2.15 that would affect this? I wanted to reinstall 9.2.14 - I didn't have the problem with that version - but it's not available on the website. Thanks for your help, David

Hi David, There has been no changes in this area for a very long time (years), but maybe you updated to a newer Java version when you upgraded DbVisualizer? What kind of proxy do you use? Please post screenshots of the Tool Properties window with the Proxy Settings category selected, and of the Help->About window, showing which Java version you use. Best Regards, Hans