Start a new topic

DbVis 9.0.9 and SQL Server 2014 ?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I am trying to connect my DbVis 9.0.9 to a SQL Server 2014 database, and it doesn't work (+The selected Driver cannot handle the specified Database URL+....) with the generic "SQL Server (Microsoft JDBC Driver)". I have noticed that SQL Server 2014 doesn't explicitly appear in the list of supported drivers (there are version 2000, 2008 and 2012 only). Is SQL Server 2014 supported by DbVis 9.0.9 ? Thanks Pascal

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DbVis 9.0.9 and SQL Server 2014 ?
Pascal, Make sure you load the driver for the Microsoft SQL Server 2012 driver entry in the driver manager and then use that for your database connection. If it still fail, post a screenshot of the driver manager with the SQL Server driver selected and also of the connection tab that uses the driver. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In the meantime, I have installed the Microsoft JDBC driver version 4.2, and configured the DbVis driver "SQL Server 2012 (Microsoft JDBC Driver)" to use it. I now have this error when connecting : An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: com/microsoft/sqlserver/jdbc/SQLServerDriver : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 Details: Type: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Pascal, The error indicates a Java version mismatch between the Java VM you use and the compiled driver code. Have you tried using the bundled "SQL Server (jTDS)" driver instead? Best Regards, Hans