Start a new topic

remove hyphens in a command line output batch file

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello I would like to run a batch file to output csv files to be exported to another system. I can run it in batch mode and output the file but my problem is under the header it will put a row with hypens in it. DistrictID CAMPUSID SPID FIRSTNAME MIDDLENAME LASTNAME EMAIL ---------- -------- --------- --------- ---------- ---------------- ----------------------------------- Here is my bat file contents. "C:\Program Files (x86)\DbVisualizer\dbviscmd.bat" -connection "Teams DB connection" -sqlfile "C:\test\Test Hound Teacher Listing2.sql" -output "result" -outputfile "C:\test\Teachers_057807.csv" ; How do I create the file with out the hyphens?
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: remove hyphens in a command line output batch file
Hi Glenn, I assume that your script just contains a SELECT statement. You can use the @export commands instead: @export on; @export FileName="C:\test\Teachers_057807.csv"; SELECT ...; @export off; For info about all export parameters, see: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Exporting+Query+Results Best Regards, Hans