Start a new topic

packages in schema tree

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, since in almost all cases we will access both the package header and the body. The way it is organized now in dbVis is that both the header and the body have their own root in the tree. It would be easier to navigate when that is changed to just one root for 'packages' that contains the list of packages and than make the package have leafs with the header and the body. This makes switching between the two a lot easier. Regards, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: packages in schema tree
Ronald, I agree on your comment. The problem is that Oracle for some reason allows package body's without any accompanying package i.e. they are not totally tied together after all. Initially there was only a package node in the tree eventually having its package body as sub node. This would then result in dangling package bodies (without any package) to never appear. I'll add to the list that it must be possible to easier navigate from either of these object types to the other one. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I also noticed that after a compile of a package or package body the objects is moved to my schema instead of to the originating schema. The package name has to be prefixed in order to prevent this from happening. For the full list of packages, maybe you just need a union all on package and package body. It will make the list complete. regards, Ronald. http://ronr.nl/unix-dba

Ronald, > I also noticed that after a compile of a package or > package body the objects is moved to my schema > instead of to the originating schema. The package > name has to be prefixed in order to prevent this from > happening. Strange as the these are already prefixed with the schema name. Do you compile via the Package/Package Body editors or via the Actions menu? What happen if you do the following when connected as one user and compiling these objects owned by another schema? alter package . compile specification; alter package . compile body; Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, the code of the package [body] in the schemabrowser's editor window is generated without the schema prefix. When I edit it manually to add the schema it works ok. The compilation was by hitting the compile button on the left top of the editor window. regards, Ronald.

Ronald, This is an issue that will be fixed. Thanks! Regards Roger