Start a new topic

Exception when pasting in 5.0.0.12?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I get the following error when I paste a text into sql commander...: Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.openapi.editor.RawText"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.openapi.editor.RawText Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.openapi.editor.RawText"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.openapi.editor.RawText Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$ReferenceData"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$ReferenceData Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$ReferenceData"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$ReferenceData Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$FoldingData"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$FoldingData Exception "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$FoldingData"while constructing DataFlavor for: application/x-java-jvm-local-objectref; class=com.intellij.codeInsight.editorActions.TextBlockTransferable$FoldingData The text is pasted correctly but I still get this exception.... Is this a known problem? (This happends when I copy & paste from IntelliJ IDEA and not from for instance gedit...) Regards, BTJ

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Exception when pasting in 5.0.0.12?
Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger

Bjørn, We are still unable to do anything since the problem is in Java rather then DbVisualizer. We haven't verified the latest JVM version and this specific problem. Maybe they've optimized it. A workaround in your case is simply to adjust the debug window settings so that it never pops up? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any progress on this? BTJ

Bjørn, One of my colleagues has spent a number of hours trying to understand why it happens and also a workaround but unfortunately it is echoed deep in the core of Java. The error message is harmless but really annoying... A simple fix is to disable the "Popup on any output" in the debug window. The bug report at JetBrains doesn't say much other then it's Sun's fault: http://www.jetbrains.net/jira/browse/IDEA-687 Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any progress on this... It is really annoying..... :(

BTJ

Oki, thx... :) BTJ

Bjørn, The problem is probably that the exception occur in the NetBeans library that DbVisualizer use. I don't know whether it is an easy fix or not. I'll add it to the list. Regards Roger

I asked JetBrains and they said the following...: This exception is caused by the JVM shared clipboard but not shared classes (well known old-time JVM bug) Not sure why it does not happen with IDEA 5 but I could safly ignore it... :) Perhaps you should catch this error somehow and don't display it..? BTJ

Bjørn, No we are running IntelliJ IDEA 5.1.2. I suspect there is something in IDEA that causes this. Have you had a chance checking with JetBrains? Does it occur if you paste into some other Java based application such as NetBeans? Regards Roger

It seems to happen only with IDEA 6.0... Don't know if you have tried the newest version? BTJ

Bjørn, This seems strange as the errors you get points to missing things required by IDEA (as if IDEA classes are needed when pasting in some other application). We copy all the time between IDEA and DbVisualizer (and other apps) without getting any exceptions. I recommend that you check with the online forums at JetBrains. Regards Roger