Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available for download in the early access section. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap [i]This version incorporates many internal changes that doesn't necessarily show in the user interface. We've made a lot of testing but still there may be defects that we're not aware of. Let us know if you find any![/i] (The users guide does not yet reflect the features in this early access version). Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

NPE when clicking Browse in Formm in Data tab under Object View
An internal error occured: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis._.J.ć(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis._.J.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis._.J$7.execute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.swing.xmlactions.DelegateAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1995) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2318) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:387) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:242) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(AbstractButton.java:357) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1170) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(BasicMenuItemUI.java:1211) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:272) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6038) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3260) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5803) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2058) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:4410) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2116) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4240) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4322) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3986) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3916) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2102) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2429) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4240) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:599) at com.onseven.dbvis.I.A.f.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:273) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:183) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:173) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:168) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:160) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:121) Running on: Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.3 Build: #1194 (2007/02/08 09:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM Java Version: 1.6.0-b105 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Linux OS Arch: i386 OS Version: 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: NPE when clicking Browse in Formm in Data tab under Object View
Ricky, Thanks for your post. This is a bug and will be fixed in the next EA. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.3 is now available
when using the filter pane, the identifiers are enclosed in ", but this leads to an error on an Informix database. This was true also for 5.1.1 (the same error occurs when using identifiers between " in the where-part in a sql editor tab) Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.3 Build: #1194 (2007/02/08 09:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_10-b03 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 Informix Dynamic Server 9.21.UC4 IBM Informix JDBC Driver for IBM Informix Dynamic Server 3.00.JC3

Exeception when selecting Navigator tab
Select a table in the object tree (one referenced by other tables), and then click the Navigator tab. The following exception occurs. This does not occur if the table selected is not referenced by others. An internal error occured: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis.sql.S.getValueAt(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JTable.getValueAt(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.Ă(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C$2$1.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.contentsChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractListModel.fireContentsChanged(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.DefaultComboBoxModel.addElement(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.JComboBox.addItem(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.Z.C$B.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.F.B.G.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.V.M.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.F.B.G.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.F.B.F.ā(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.F.B.H.finished(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.swing.util.SwingWorker$1.run(Unknown Source) at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.I.A.f.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

Re: Exeception when selecting Navigator tab
Hi Matt, Thanks for reporting this. Can you tell us which database and version, and JDBC driver and version, you are using? Regards, Hans

Microsoft SQL Server  2000 - 8.00.2039 (Intel X86)  (SP2)

Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC SP3 Version 2.2.0040

Also occurs against:

MS SQL 2005 9.00.3027

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 JDBC Driver 1.1.1501.101

Thanks Matt, I wasn't able to reproduce this, but I found a bug that could be responsible for what you see. The bug will be fixed in the next EA, so please verify that it works when it is released. Regards, Hans

A little more information in case it is useful: I attempted to reproduce the issue on a different Windows PC. In this case I still received the exception, but was able to continue using the Navigator function. However after a restart of DbVis, the navigator would not display any related tables. Back to the first PC, I see a similar condition, where after the exception, the related tables dropdown is available, but only shows one of several related tables. Perhaps the exception occurs during the process of locating related tables. Will look for the EA update. Thanks!

Hi Matt, Yes, the bug I found was in the code for finding related tables, and it's the kind of bug that can give all kinds of strange effects in slightly different scenarios. Thanks for the info. Hans

Roger, what is the intention of the leaves under packages in the schema tree ? Now the child only contains the package name. It looks like it's meant to contain the entries in the package == very very welcome. The synonyms shows the object where the synonym points to. OK. The action button has drop and rename synonym. The DDL pane shows the create referred object statements and not the create synonym text that was expected. In sessions, a sort order in the tree would be nice (sessionid or username) I did not test this yet but does this version now have the possibility to display the contents of a tree objects in a viewer similar to the viewer fo the sql commander ? (can I easily make a graph of runtime behaviour of dbms_scheduler jobs ?) regards, Ronald.

Roger, I couldn't find anything in the release notes about it: has the export option been disabled? When I try to use it in 5.1.1.3 nothing happens (either from the menu or the context menu). Regards, Benny

Peter, We'll have a look at this problem. A workaround is that you open the Connection Properties for the actual database connection and disable the following: [b]Delimited Identifiers->Use of Delimited Identifiers->Scripting[/b] Regards Roger

When I view query results using "Show as text", I'm unable to copy to the clipboard from the results pane. Product: DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.3 Build: #1194 (2007/02/08 09:31) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0-b105 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

This is a bug and will be fixed in 5.1.1.4. Thanks! Regards Roger