Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available for download in the early access section: http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap In addition to the change log for this EA has the following features been fixed. (They were poorly integrated in the previous EA version): - Table data editing with the inline and form editors - Creation of monitors in the Data tab - "Browse row in form" didn't work Best Regards Roger

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Re: DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 is now available
Bug: When changing font for grids, the font for the row numbers is not changed accordingly leading to misaligned row numbers (see attached screenshot) Look: i don't like this Office 2003 look under Windows which does not respect my theme (even with Windows Classic selected). Please give me back the look from 5.1.1. Bye, Peter Message was edited by: Peter Nagel
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Pater, Does the font problem appear even if you re-start after changing the font size? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

1) copy is not working smooth as it was until 5.1.1.1 (from the result grid in sqlcommander) Select a column from the grid, use ctl-C and paste it in an editor. 2) on macosx the columns in the result grid do not size like it should (it does on xp). try with (select dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','SQLPLUS_PRODUCT_PROFILE','SYSTEM') from dual) On macosx this gives a short column that is hard to resize. 3) when I have multiple connections open and point on a diffent connection I get a Confimation Alert, for no apearant reason. 4) after startup it takes ages before I can open a connection from the tree. What I see happening is changing TZ settings from the default to that configured in the tools properties. 5) The hints are still stripped from the sql, despite the fact I set '/* ' as block comment start. Hints in oracle always start with '/*+'. So my setting is not saved and I think dbvis needs to do this smarter. regards Ronald. http://ronr.nl/unix-dba

We appear to have lost the "stop execution" button off the sql editor toolbar. And I think this carries over from 5.1.1.4 but the list of schemas in the sql editor is not restricted by the filters I've set up. I used to have a default schema that was auto-selected in the schema dropdown but that seems not to work now (although I set it up so long ago I can't remember how I achieved it in the first place).

Ronald, > 1) copy is not working smooth as it was until 5.1.1.1 > (from the result grid in sqlcommander) Select a > column from the grid, use ctl-C and paste it in an > editor. "smooth"? Just tried and it work smooth here. > 2) on macosx the columns in the result grid do not > size like it should (it does on xp). > try with (select > dbms_metadata.get_ddl('TABLE','SQLPLUS_PRODUCT_PROFILE > ','SYSTEM') from dual) > On macosx this gives a short column that is hard to > resize. I get one column which is propery resized. Please post a screenshot. > 3) when I have multiple connections open and point on > a diffent connection I get a Confimation Alert, for > no apearant reason. This is a bug and will be fixed. > 4) after startup it takes ages before I can open a > connection from the tree. What I see happening is > changing TZ settings from the default to that > configured in the tools properties. So you have altered the Time Zone settings and think that is the problem it takes time? > 5) The hints are still stripped from the sql, despite > the fact I set '/* ' as block comment start. Hints in > oracle always start with '/*+'. So my setting is not > saved and I think dbvis needs to do this smarter. We'll look at this. Thanks for your post! Regards Roger

Mark, Who needs "Stop"? :-) (This is a bug). We'll look into the schema drop down issue. Thanks! Regards Roger

>> 1) copy is not working smooth as it was until 5.1.1.1 >> (from the result grid in sqlcommander) Select a >> column from the grid, use ctl-C and paste it in an >> editor. >"smooth"? Just tried and it work smooth here. I use with ctl-C, not with the menu. Using the menu it works, using the keyboard I have a hard time getting the contents of a cell in the sql commander editor. R.
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, in DbVisualizer 5.1.1.5 an opened item with the command 'Show in Window...' is not minimizable! It's always overlapping the main win from dbvis. In earlier versions I've often used this feature, because I need an overview for some tables. best regards Frank

Restart of DBVis solves the problem. Bye, Peter

Frank, This change was intentional. However... based on your response I now understand it wasn't a very good change. We'll fix so that it mimics the old behavior. Thanks for your post! Regards Roger

Peter, Ok. I assumed that too. We'll change so that the row header font is set accordingly without needing to re-start. Thanks! Best Regards Roger

> >This change was intentional. >However... based on your response I now understand it wasn't a very good change. >We'll fix so that it mimics the old behavior. > Actually, sorry to be controversial, I prefer this way. So long as I can interact with the main window, it's useful to have the pop-up window stay on top and available. I can resize it and/or push it out of the way when needed and I don't have to worry about having a stray button on my task bar to represent the window. It just feels a lot cleaner.

Inserting a new row in object view doesn't work, I get the following error: An internal error occured: Exception: java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException The error may have affected the application state. Please notify vendor. Stack Trace: java.lang.NullPointerException at com.onseven.dbvis._.HA.Ѽ(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis._.U$7.execute(Unknown Source) at se.pureit.swing.xmlactions.DelegateAction.actionPerformed(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1849) at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:2169) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(DefaultButtonModel.java:420) at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.setPressed(DefaultButtonModel.java:258) at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicButtonListener.mouseReleased(BasicButtonListener.java:236) at com.jidesoft.plaf.basic.BasicJideButtonListener.mouseReleased(Unknown Source) at java.awt.AWTEventMulticaster.mouseReleased(AWTEventMulticaster.java:231) at java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:5501) at javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3135) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:5266) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:1966) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:3968) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2024) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4212) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:3892) at java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:3822) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2010) at java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:1778) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:3803) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:463) at com.onseven.dbvis.I.A.f.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110) I'm using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 and Java 1.5.0_11.

Klaus, Does it work if you first open the row in the Form Editor then close the form window (or leave it) and finally save the changes? Regards Roger