Start a new topic

Refreshing Refrences diagram with specified tables rebuilds entire graph

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In 5.1.1.9, if I have a table references diagram displayed with the Specified Tables option selected, and only a few tables displayed, refreshing the diagram rebuilds and displays all tables in the DB.

The operation I was intending to perform was a schema update to the displayed tables, and then displaying the change by a simple refresh. The current activity in DbVis takes extra time as the diagram must rebuild twice with each refresh (rebuild entire graph, then only selected tables).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Refreshing Refrences diagram with specified tables rebuilds entire grap
Matt, This is a bug. I'll look into it. Thanks for reporting it! Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would also like to suggest adding a button to initiate the building of the diagram, as opposed to building upon selection of the References tab. The references graph is quite useful, but I often need only a portion of the database to be displayed. Currently, I must wait for the full diagram to be populated after selecting References, then click the Specified Tables button, select tables, and wait for the diagram to regenerate. If a "Start" button is added to the tab, the time would be cut in half, as only one generation cycle would be required.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Matt, Isn't pressing the Stop button an option? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I did not even notice there was one! Yes, that would work.