Start a new topic

dbvis 6.1.1.2 ea executes wrong statement

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

the sql commander in dbvis 6.1.1.2 executes the wrong statement (not the one where the cursor is) in the following case: -enter multiple statements (separator set to ";") -add additional (empty) lines at the top of the editor -the editor still seems to think the code is at the original location where it was entered... Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.1.1.2 Build: #1304 (2008/04/10 22:40) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_12 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 cheers, chris Edited by: Chris on 16-Apr-2008 13:16

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: dbvis 6.1.1.2 ea executes wrong statement
Hi Chris, We are unable to reproduce this problem with 6.1.1.2, neither with Windows XP nor Windows Vista. Are you doing something else in addition to the steps you described? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, no - this is all I do. I have just tested it again and the same problem persists... I do not have the issue in 6.1.1.1. I do nothing else but entering three select commands, execute them, everything is ok. Then I add empty lines at the beginning and re-execute the statements. That's when the wrong ones get executed... Cheers, Chris

Hi Chris, I'm still not able to reproduce this. Do you type the commands or do you load them from a file? Does it happen all the time or just for some commands? Does anyone else see this problem? It's a long-shot, but you could try to upgrade to the latest Java version. Kind Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Doesn't do it for me, tried all combinations of blank lines before and after a trio of select statements. Also tried embedded blank lines with the cursor on the blank line, worked as expected in all cases. Not in my case the latest Java either Product: DbVisualizer Personal 6.1.1.2 Build: #1304 (2008/04/10 22:40) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_13 Java Vendor: Apple Inc. OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: ppc OS Version: 10.5.2

Hi Ed, Thanks for the report. Hans

Hi Chris, I was finally able to reproduce this problem. It happens only on Windows, and only if you type in the statements as opposed to loading them from a bookmark or a file. It will be fixed in the next version. Thanks for reporting this, Hans

Thanks Hans! And sorry for not answering your previous question - I was drowning in work... Cheers, Chris.