Start a new topic

6.1.1.2 - timestamp show as NULL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, by pure coincidence I got a connection with the generic profile, queried the all_scheduler_job_log view and got to see values for the log_date column. When I corrected the connection to a normal oracle connection - using the oracle profile - I got a NULL for the same job logs. This could very well be in earlier releases but it would be nice if this could be fixed. Thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 6.1.1.2 - timestamp show as NULL
Hi Ronald, I'm unable to reproduce this. Is the profile the only difference? Can you reproduce it for any database or just a specific one? What setting do you have for the Timestamp data format for the connection? Any additional information you can provide would be very helpful. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, this was with the default oracle.xml. The datatype is timestamp with local time zone. I also tried on a xp and there it works ok. The error is when running on macosx. There also is an error involved (did not notice this before ...): An error occurred while executing or fetching the data: Error (java.lang.IllegalAccessError) getting value for: 18/2 (java.sql.Timestamp: LOG_DATE): java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access class oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleResultSet from class com.onseven.dbvis.wrapper.OracleResultSetHandler using Oracle Oracle Database 11g Release 11.1.0.0.0 - Production Oracle JDBC driver 11.1.0.6.0-Production+ I hope this helps, R.

Hi Ronald, Thanks for the additional info, it helped. The problem is due to an incompatibility between DbVisualizer and Oracle's JDBC 4 driver (11.1.0.6.0). While we're looking into how to solve this so it will work with both the JDBC 4 driver and older drivers, you may want to use an older driver, like the 10.2.0.4 driver. The problem affects all columns of type timestamp with [local] time zone and possibly the XML data type, on all platforms. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Ronald, I have found a solution to this problem, so it will be fixed in the next release. Best Regards, Hans