Start a new topic

6.1.1.2 stability

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Stability remains a problem. If a database is bounced while connected dbvis keeps asking to commit or rollback the chances made, when I try to reconnect. In a database that is running in read only or only mounted mode a windows keeps popping up telling that the database can't be updated: 07:52:18 [ERROR] isEditable Error: ORA-01219: database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables/views only (I do queries on v$managed_standby (as sysdba)) And now I have : Exception: java.lang.NoCClassDefFoundError: com/onseven/dbvis/X/G$1 dbvis is now dead as a dodo. I know that a few databases have been bounced while I was connected and I suspect that the hang has something to do with this. regards, R.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 6.1.1.2 stability
Ronald, What version of Oracle and the JDBC driver are you using? Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, driver is 10.2.0.4, database versions, most 9.2.0.7, a few 10.2.0.3, 10.2.0.4 and 11.1.0.6. R.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, could you try to create a few monitors with queries on v$archived_log that run while the database is mounted. (select '$$DbVis-Time$$' time, count(*) cnt from v$datafile) (in this case it's a 9i database). run the monitor for a few samples. stop dbvis. start dbvis. connect to a different database that also is only in mount mode edit the monitor bookmarks to point to this different database (also in mount mode) and start the monitor again. What I get is an internal error and a popup that gives 'shutdown dbvis' as an option ... and when running the query in sqlcommander: 15:09:41 [ERROR] isEditable Error: ORA-01219: database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables/views only regards, R.

java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 1 at com.onseven.dbvis.S.C.A.?(Z:1675) at com.onseven.dbvis.S.C.K.?(Z:1488) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.A.A.K.?(Z:2243) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.A.A.J.?(Z:3390) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.E.?(Z:769) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.E.?(Z:1983) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.E.?(Z:2566) at com.onseven.dbvis.b.B.E$1.ancestorAdded(Z:1073) at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.fireAncestorAdded(Unknown Source) at javax.swing.AncestorNotifier.componentShown(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processComponentEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.processEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source) at java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source) at com.onseven.dbvis.J.A.f.dispatchEvent(Z:2143) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source) at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source) using oracle 10.2.0.3 jdbc driver on 11.1.0.6 database and show procedure from the object tree.

Hi Ronald, Does this happen for all procedures or just some? Please run the following query for a procedure with this problem and post the result: SELECT o.OWNER, o.OBJECT_NAME, o.STATUS, s.TEXT FROM SYS.ALL_OBJECTS o, SYS.ALL_SOURCE s WHERE ( o.OWNER = s.OWNER AND o.OBJECT_NAME = s.NAME AND o.OBJECT_TYPE = s.TYPE ) AND s.TYPE = 'PROCEDURE' AND o.OBJECT_NAME = '' AND o.OWNER = '' Thanks, Hans

Hans, the error occurs on many but not all objects. I ran your query on one of the failing objects: OWNER OBJECT_NAME STATUS TEXT DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID procedure beeindig_switch_mvs_a_v(pl_cpid in dap_database_kopie_acties.id%TYPE) is DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID begin DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID update dap_database_kopie_acties DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID set doel_sid = 'MVS_A_V' DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID where id = pl_cpid; DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID commit; DAP_OWN BEEINDIG_SWITCH_MVS_A_V VALID end; Some other procedures succeed. In 6.0.10 they all succeed. regards, R. (btw: were you able to play with read only databases as I listed above ?)

Hi Ronald, I'm not able to reproduce this error locally even though I use the exact same procedure name and source. I am fixing a few other problems in how procedure metadata is processed in general though, so hopefully it will fix this problem as well. Please test again when we release the next EA. Thanks, Hans