Start a new topic

6.1.1.3 on oracle database in mount status

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, this still gives errors: 18:23:42 [ERROR] isEditable Error: ORA-01219: database not open: queries allowed on fixed tables/views only regards, R.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 6.1.1.3 on oracle database in mount status
Hi Ronald, Do you get an editable result if you qualify the table name in the query, i.e., SELECT ... FROM .? Kind Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, prefixing does not help. It works ok when the database is open for read only mode. It does not work ok when the database is only in mount status. (my query works but dbvis pops up the error log) R.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ronald, >could you try to create a few monitors with queries on v$archived_log that >run while the database is mounted. (select '$$DbVis-Time$$' time, >count(*) cnt from v$datafile) (in this case it's a 9i database). >run the monitor for a few samples. >stop dbvis. >start dbvis. >connect to a different database that also is only in mount mode >edit the monitor bookmarks to point to this different database (also in >mount mode) and start the monitor again. >What I get is an internal error and a popup that gives 'shutdown dbvis' as >an option ... Is it a NullPointerException you get? If that is the case then I think I've found the problem. Expect a fix in next version. (This problem is related to having a bookmark bound to a non connected database connection. Then in the bookmark editor select a live connection and reload the monitor, bang, problem appear). >and when running the query in sqlcommander: >15:09:41 [ERROR] isEditable Error: ORA-01219: database not open: >queries allowed on fixed tables/views only This has also been identified and will be fixed in the next EA. Best Regards Roger