Start a new topic

EA 6.5.10.7 minor GUI issues

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, some minor GUI issues: 1. The personal key bindings were not moved/imported although I ran the nice import dialog with full defaults. 2. When connecting to the first database, the Connection combo box of the active SQL window stays on "Choose connection". In 6.5.10, it switches to the newly connected data source (which is preferred). 3. Enhancement request (6.5.10 and 6.5.10.7): If the focus is on "Max Rows" (or Database Connection etc.), it is currently not possible to execute the SQL query with any key binding other than Ctrl-Enter, i.e. F10 does not work nor my manually defined F8. Instead, these key strokes just change the focus to another GUI element. That's a little annoying because often I just change the max rows or connection and want to execute the query again immediately. Nice icons! Regards, Boerries Wendling
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: EA 6.5.10.7 minor GUI issues
Boerries, Thanks for your feedback. > some minor GUI issues: > > 1. The personal key bindings were not moved/imported although I ran the nice import dialog with full defaults. We will look into this. > 2. When connecting to the first database, the Connection combo box of the active SQL window stays on "Choose connection". In 6.5.10, it switches to the newly connected data source (which is preferred). There seem to be a few situations when the combo boxes aren't updated as they should. We'll fix this. > 3. Enhancement request (6.5.10 and 6.5.10.7): > If the focus is on "Max Rows" (or Database Connection etc.), it is currently not possible to execute the SQL query with any key binding other than Ctrl-Enter, i.e. F10 does not work nor my manually defined F8. Instead, these key strokes just change the focus to another GUI element. That's a little annoying because often I just change the max rows or connection and want to execute the query again immediately. Problem is that some of the function keys are pre-allocated by Java to do various things. I'll register a RFE for this and we will look into it. Best Regards Roger