Start a new topic

[700.1465] Bug: Ctrl+Period query execution

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm having some trouble reporoducing this bug. I just cannot figure out exactly when it happens. It is very annoying and potentially very dangerous. This is a simle proof of concept. Write the following into SQL commander: SELECT 1 ; SELECT 2 ; Position the cursor between S and E in SELECT in the *second* query. Press Ctrl+Period. The *first* query is executed. However, if you move number 1 to be in the same line as the first SELECT, then it doesn't happen. Pretty weird. I've had this occur in different scenarios. One, which I can't reproduce now, is when I had two queries, similar to: select * from table1; select * from table2; When the cursor was positioned on the end of the *second* line, pressing ctrl+period executed the *first* statement. I'm using: * DBVisualizer 700.1465 (early release) * MySQL (but I've had this happen on Informix as well) * MySQL JDBC (the one that comes with DBVisualizer) * Windows XP SP3 * JRE 1.6.0_17 Edited by: Ivan Habunek on Dec 15, 2009 4:35 PM Corrected a typo, added some bold.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: [700.1465] Bug: Ctrl+Period query execution
Hi Ivan, Thanks for reporting this. The same bug exists in 6.5.11 so it will be fixed in both the next maintenance release and the next EA. It only affects the Windows platforms, due to differences in representation of linefeeds on Windows and other platforms. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: [700.1465] Bug: Ctrl+Period query execution
Ivan, This is fixed in the 6.5.12 version and in the 700.1475 early access. Regards Roger