Start a new topic

700.1475 and 7.0 - Minor bug when dropping database objects into SQL

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It's only a very minor irritation but I thought I'd mention an unusual change of behaviour since 6.5.11 in both the early access and 7.0 release versions. When editing SQL in SQL commander I often like to drag/drop in database fields/tables that are too long to type. In v6.5 it would insert the object name whever I dropped it and then highlight the text. I just had to press the right arrow on the keyboard after that to place my cursor where it's likely to need to be for editing the rest of the query. In V7 when you drop a database object into SQL Commander, the name is inserted correctly but then the focus remains on the tree view of database objects. This means that I have to either click on the SQL commander at the right point in the code to get it to regain focus or else press the TAB key 12 times to cycle the focus all the way back to the SQL Commander text box. Alternatively I can save a few keypresses by holding whilst pressing only 7 times. It's hardly a show stopper but does decrease productivity somewhat. Is there any chance of the old focus behaviour being revived in a later version? BTW, I'm running Windows XP and dragging objects from a SQL Server 2000 database accesed via jTDS.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 700.1475 and 7.0 - Minor bug when dropping database objects into SQL
Hi, This is a known issue that we will look into. Thanks! Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger. The new idea of placing the cursor at the end of the dropped object instead of highlighting it is a good one as you can then carry straight on typing the rest of the query. In older versions you had to press the right arrow or your typing would overwrite the dropped object. IMO, It's just which pane has focus that needs fixing in some future release. For now I just use a macro that presses TAB 12 times.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, This has now been fixed in the latest 7.0.1 version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/relnotes/index.jsp Best Regards Roger