Start a new topic

DbVisualizer 720.1638 (EARLY ACCESS) released

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, We're excited to finally release an early access (EA) version of the upcoming feature version for DbVisualizer. Read more about the news: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap Don't miss that we will reward those users who have contributed with the most valuable feedback during the EA testing. Best Regards /DbVisualizer Team

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

720.1638 npe when using ssh tunnel without entering ssh password
Create a new database connection. Select Server Info radio button Select database type Oracle Select jdbc driver enter Service enable Use SSH Tunnel hit Connect button -> NPE. when ssh password is entered the NPE is gone and is no longer reproducable.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: 720.1638 npe when using ssh tunnel without entering ssh password
Hi Ronald, Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

720.1638 Max Row Count in monitor scripts reset to 0
Hi, I am quite sure I had more useful numbers in the Max Row Count attribute for the Monitoring scripts. Could it be that they are somehow reset to 0 ? I see 0 for all my scripts.... thanks, Ronald.

Re: 720.1638 Max Row Count in monitor scripts reset to 0
Hi Ronald, If you modify these while running the EA and then exit/re-start are then the new numbers properly reloaded? Regards Roger

Re: 720.1638 Max Row Count in monitor scripts reset to 0
Hi Roger, yes, they are correctly reloaded after restarting dbvis EA. Ronald.

Re: DbVisualizer 720.1638 (EARLY ACCESS) released
How would you do forwards? for example this is the second company I have been to that has one server that controls access to the other servers. So we normally have to connect doing this: ssh -L4401:p-resindb:3306 username@server Forgot to mention, I like the look of the forms. Also liked that I had the option of change development connection and production connection there, instead of having to go to another screen to do it. Edited by: Levi Stanley on May 3, 2011 4:38 PM

Hi Levy, I'm answering here, but please start a new thread if you need to follow up with more questions. Here's a snippet from the Users Guide for the next version regarding SSH Tunneling: If you're familiar with using the ssh command to set up a tunnel manually, you may be interested in more details. The tunnel corresponds to the tunnel you would set up with the ssh command like this: ssh -p -L:: @ where the placeholders correspond to the fields in the Connect and Use SSH Tunnel sections, except for which is any available port, determined at connect time. So with your example, you would enter "p-resindb" in the Database Server field, "3306" in the Database Port field, "username" in the SSH Userid field and "server" in the SSH Host field. The local port, "4401" in your example, is handled internally by DbVisualizer. Best Regards, Hans

Worked like a charm. After you mentioned DB Server everything clicked. Only thing that might be missing is being about to use a identity file, and perhaps a save password option, for the lazy people.

Hi Levy, Thanks for confirming. You can enable saving of the password in the SSH Settings category for your database type in Tool Properties, or for a single connection in the connection's Properties tab. There you can also specify a known hosts file, to avoid being prompted every time you connect to the same hosts. We also plan to add support for key based authentication before the final release. Best Regards, Hans

Cool set up my known_hosts file, and set Saved Password, however, think there should be a radio button for Save Password, and Clear Password at Disconnect, since how can you save a password if you are clearing the password if both are selected?

Hi, I can't connect to any of my databases. "Connecting. Wait..." is all I get. (I tried the zip version). After minutes, I get (trying to connect to Sybase IQ): An error occurred while establishing the connection: Long Message: JZ006: Caught IOException: java.net.SocketException: Malformed reply from SOCKS server Switching back to the old version 7.15 works for me again. Also, after start of the 7.20 GUI, it takes like 10 seconds to display the driver configuration window. I already started typing/using the GUI. Regards, Freewater

Hi Freewater, I'm creating a new thread for this so it's easier to track. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Levi, I agree that Save Password and Clear Password at Disconnect are mutually exclusive and that should be made clear in the GUI. This applies both to SSH Authentication and Database Authentication (set for a database type or a connection). I have opened a ticket. Thanks, Hans

Where is the separate thread for the problem "Malformed reply from SOCKS server"? I'm getting the same error in connecting to any SQL Server 2008 databases. Same URL, user name, password were working with v7.15 of dbvis. Why is there a SOCKS error to start with? I specified http settings only in proxy settings of tool properties (assuming those settings are used in this context)