Start a new topic

Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right enhancement request and some editor bugs

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, first, I want to thank you for the enhanced cursor movement when using ctrl-left and ctrl-right, skipping over underscores. Now the request: Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right should also read over spaces, in other words skip spaces. For example, DBVis should use only 4 strokes of Ctrl-Right to go through the following example sentence from left to right: select * from table having stops only at s, *, f and t Currently, it takes 7 keystrokes! 1. Bug: If the last characters in a line are spaces, hitting the "End" key repeatedly will switch the cursor position between the end of the last word and the end of the line. 2. It seems to be a bug that it needs *two* times hitting the "Del" key at the end of line 1 to (delete the CRLF and) connect line 2 to the end of line 1? 3. There is also a bug hitting ctrl-left at position 2:1 (next line). It will sometimes place the cursor at the *second last* character of line-1 (the e of table), but I can't reproduce it right now. Regards, Freewater

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right enhancement request and some editor bugs
Hi, > Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right should also read over spaces, in other words skip spaces. > > For example, DBVis should use only 4 strokes of Ctrl-Right to go through the following example sentence from left to right: > select * from table > > having stops only at s, *, f and t > > Currently, it takes 7 keystrokes! You're right. I have fixed this so it works as it did in 7.1.x. It will be included in the next EA. > 1. Bug: If the last characters in a line are spaces, hitting the "End" key repeatedly will switch the cursor position between the end of the last word and the end of the line. Same here. I have fixed this so it works as it did in 7.1.x. It will be included in the next EA. > 2. It seems to be a bug that it needs *two* times hitting the "Del" key at the end of line 1 to (delete the CRLF and) connect line 2 to the end of line 1? > > 3. There is also a bug hitting ctrl-left at position 2:1 (next line). It will sometimes place the cursor at the *second last* character of line-1 (the e of table), but I can't reproduce it right now. These two appear to be bugs in the third party editor component. I will get in touch with the vendor next week to try to get it fixed. Thanks for testing and reporting these. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right enhancement request and some editor bugs
Hi, This is now fixed in the 720.1641 (EARLY ACCESS) version. http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger