Start a new topic

Another selection bug

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

To reproduce: * enter 2 lines of code of the same length * position cursor on the beginning of first line * while holding down *Shift* press *End* and then *Down arrow* Expected result: Both lines of code are highlighted (first one when End is pressed, then both when Down arrow is pressed) Actual result: Only second line is highlighted. Pressing Down arrow unselects the first line. Regards, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Personal 720.1641 Build: #1641 (2011/05/22 10:24) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_24 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Another selection bug
Hi Ivan, Thanks for the report. I can reproduce this, but oddly enough only on Windows. I'll look into it. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Ivan, This seems to be related to http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=12475. After I fixed that problem, I can no longer reproduce this so it should (hopefully) be fixed in the next EA. Thanks again for testing and reporting. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I can verify this is fixed in EA 720.1680. However I found another one... 1. Enter 2 lines of same length. 2. Position cursor in middle of second line. 3. Holding down Shift press Down then Home. After pressing down, the right part of the first line and the left part of the second line are selected. The problem is when Home is pressed: Expected: The cursor moves to beginning of second line, deselecting the left part of the second line. Only right part of the first line remains selected. Actual: The right part of the first line is deselected. Left part of the first line remains selected. I hope this is clear enough. If not, say and I will make screenshots. :) Regards, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Personal 720.1680 Build: #1680 (2011/06/08 23:59) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_24 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Easier way to reproduce: * Enter 1 line of text. * Position cursor somewhere in the middle * Hold down Shift and press Right couple of times * Keep holding Shift and press Home It's probably related to: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/thread.jspa?threadID=3495&tstart=0 Regards. Ivam

Hi, I second that. Algorithm: If , , , or is pressed and a selection already exists, the editor must not use the current cursor position as new start position of the selection but keep the current start position. Regards, Freewater

Hi, We will look into this. Regards Roger