Start a new topic

How to show tabs and spaces?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, thank you for the editor enhancements in 720.1680. It looks and works great and is really useful! Is there a way to show tabs and spaces, eg. in a lighter color, as '>' and '.'? There is a similar issue: When selecting whole lines, it paints the selection color up to the right window border. Thus I can't recognize, where there are any unwanted spaces behind the last visible character. If it is not too complicated or too slow, I would suggest that line selections should only highlight actual line content. Regards, Freewater

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: How to show tabs and spaces?
Freewater, > thank you for the editor enhancements in 720.1680. It looks and works great and is really useful! > > Is there a way to show tabs and spaces, eg. in a lighter color, as '>' and '.'? Not currently but I will register a ticket and we will check into this. > > There is a similar issue: When selecting whole lines, it paints the selection color up to the right window border. Thus I can't recognize, where there are any unwanted spaces behind the last visible character. If it is not too complicated or too slow, I would suggest that line selections should only highlight actual line content. Changing the current selection behavior is probably not a good idea since the way it currently works is standard in most text editing tools. Wouldn't your first request to highlight non-printable characters solve this request as well? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger, thank you for registering a request. Of course showing tabs and spaces would be far more valuable than the selection issue could ever be. But I attached three images showing the different behaviour in EditPlus, Notepad and DBVis. Regards, Freewater.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, "Show non-printable characters " is now supported in the 8.0.2 version. Regards Roger