Start a new topic

Problem with columns containing $$

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Through an unfortunate turn of events, we have a database table named "country$$countrycode" in our database. This mostly works ok. However, when trying to add a row to this table using the DBVis grid an error occurs. To reproduce (tested on MySQL and Informix): 1. Create a table with some data CREATE TABLE test( id INTEGER, foo$$bar INTEGER ); INSERT INTO test VALUES (1, 2); 2. Open the result grid by executing a select SELECT * FROM test; -- To open the grid 3. Add a new row (CTRL+I) 4. Enter any integer values, e.g. 2, 2 5. Save (CTRL+S) Expected: Row is saved Actual: Row is not saved, an error appears: http://i.imgur.com/ZppeB.png It seems that DBVis incorrectly forms the INSERT statement, probably because of the "$$" in the column name. I thought this to be because $$ is the variable delimiter, but now I see it's changed to "${" and "}$". Didn't notice since I don't use variables often. Sorry for the obscure problems. :) Regards, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Pro 90.1850 Build: #1850 (2012/10/20 12:03) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_09 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Problem with columns containing $$
Hi Ivan, Thanks for the feedback. We will look into this. Regards Roger

Ivan, This will be fixed in the next version. Thanks again for reporting it. Regards Roger

Hi Ivan, Just wanted to let you know that this is now fixed in the just released DbVisualizer 8.0.12. Best Regards, Hans