Start a new topic

Favourites tree needs Sort option and opens on wrong tab sometimes 90.1850

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The new favourites tab is much better than the old window but when you have a lot of objects it can seem clunky to drag/drop to reorder objects in the tree structure there. Really we need to be able to right-click any folder in favourites and sort everything beneath that folder by object name. Also, when I first open a favourite it sometimes opens on the Info tab. Behaviour isn't consistent here - it seems almost random whether it will open first time on the Info or Data tab. However, if I close the table without doing anything (i.e. I leave it on the Info tab if it opened on it) then reopen it, it always opens the Data tab from that point. Also, if I open a favourite when there are no object or SQL Commander tabs currently open, it opens two copies of the object. This only happens if there are absolutely no tabs open at the time. Windows 7 x64, SQL Server 2008

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Favourites tree needs Sort option and opens on wrong tab sometimes 90.1850
Hi, Thanks! We will look into adding sorting to favorites. When saving a favorite the currently displayed tab is also saved so when opening a favorite it will restore to the same tab. When opening object view tabs by other means than via a favorite, then the tab that was last visible when the object view was closed will be active. Is this not the behavior you get? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Not quite - here's one example that's easily reproducible for me: 1. Add a table to favourites. Close the all object tabs and SQL Commander tabs. 2. Switch to Favourites tab, double-click the favourite. This opens 2 copies of the table (incorrectly). 3. Close all object tabs then open 3 random unrelated database tables. Select the middle object tab out of the 3. 4. Switch to Favourites tab, double-click the favourite again. The first and middle tab get replaced with the favourite. The last tab is left alone. This behaviour occurs for me whenever there's no other tabs open when I click on a favourite. As soon as I open a SQL Commander tab though, this bug vanishes. The other intermittent issue I saw of favourites showing inconsistent tabs seems to be related in that both of them work fine as long as there's a SQL Commander tab open. Windows 7 x64, SQL Server 2008, jTDS

Thanks Vince! The opening of two object view tabs when double-click a favorite is a bug. We've done some fixes that I hope will make it better in the next beta. Expect it later today. Regards Roger

Vince, Just to inform you that rename object view tab is now fixed in the latest beta. http://www.dbvis.com/eap/ Regards Roger

Vince, Just to inform you that the double-click favorite issue is now fixed in the latest beta. http://www.dbvis.com/eap/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, Fantastic - I see a Sort facility in favourites is now available, with some nice customised sort options. It could do with the ability to sort recursively however as it takes time to sort each folder individually when there's a lot of favourites. Regards, Vince