Start a new topic

Can't open object in existing tab since 90.1860

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

In 90.1860, single-clicking an object now does simply selects it and double-clicking opens it in a new tab. This behaviour is a great improvement over the old one and much more intuitive. However, I notice that it now seems to be impossible to get a new object to overwrite the last used object tab even when I explicitly want to do so. Alt-clicking, Alt-double-clicking, pressing Ctrl-L or even selecting "Open in Tab" from the right-click menu still open the object in a new tab rather than reusing the last used object tab. Whilst the default of opening objects in a new tab makes a lot of sense, there still needs to be a way to explicitly request to reuse old object tabs.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Can't open object in existing tab since 90.1860
Hi Vince, The revised behavior for "Open in Tab" (double-click) is that an object is either open in an already existing tab for that object or in a new tab. There is no key binding support to open in the current active tab as it was in the previous beta versions. However, we'll add the possibility to drag an object from the databases tab to any open object view tab and it will load in it. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, Ok, that makes perfect sense - the drag/drop solution would be ideal. Is there any chance of reinstating the old "Open in Window" ability of previous DBVis versions, perhaps by dragging a tab outside of the application? That feature was very useful when you have multiple monitors and want to copy/paste or compare multiple tables. I realise we can resize the application over several monitors then split the main window horizontally but it would be a lot easier if we could still open secondary windows. Regards, Vince

Hi Vince, All tabs have the "Floating" right-click option which is basically the same as "Open in Window". The main difference is that you will need to first open it in a tab and then select the Floating action. We will also enable so that a tab can be floating by dragging outside the main window. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger, that's fantastic. I seem to have a knack for not spotting obvious menu options today.

Vince, This is now fixed in 90.1861. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger

Dragging/dropping an object into an existing tab works fine now but I notice that it doesn't mark that object as bold in the object tree to indicate it has been viewed.

Vince, This will be fixed. Thanks! Regards Roger

Vince, This is now fixed in 90.1863. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ Regards Roger