Start a new topic

SQL ERROR on query that ran perfectly in previous versions

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I have an error occuring when running a SQL statement (see error message below) in DBVisualiser Version 91.2029 that I just downloaded and installed. The query has not been modified since the last 12 months and ran perfectly until this morning (before the BETA version was installed). Has this anything to do with the BETA version ? Windows 7, I installed DBVis BETA with JAVA included. [Error Code: 1843, SQL State: 22008] ORA-01843: not a valid month simple query on our 'track&trace' database: *{color:#FF00FF}+select newartnr as ARTNR, 'W26' as WEEKNUMBER, to_char(to_date(newdaydt),'YYYY') as YEAR, sum(newqty) as QUANTITY from stockevents+* *+where handlingtype = 'DL1'+ * *+and newartnr = '314''+* *+and newdaydt >= '24-06-2013'+* *+and newdaydt <= '30-06-2013'+* *+group by 'W26', to_char(to_date(newdaydt),'YYYY'),newartnr+* *+order by year asc, weeknumber asc, newartnr asc+{color}*

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: SQL ERROR on query that ran perfectly in previous versions
I even get the error in the more simplified version of the statement +select newartnr as ARTNR, newdaydt from stockevents+ +where handlingtype = 'DL1'+ +and newartnr = '211'+ +and newdaydt > '01-01-2001'+ because I wondered if the BETA version switched the order of the date (because I'm in Europe and not US format: dd-MM-yyyy) but that is not the case apparently... whatever I change regarding the date format, I get the error
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

DBVisualiser settings (to 'prove' that I use the correct settings)

These are the NLS settings (not 'good' I assume): is all AMERICAN set up while my settings need to be European... Did the BETA version change this ? How do I change these settings to the European standard ?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi, There are no changes in the beta version compared to previous versions with respect to the client settings for for example NLS settings. In fact, DbVisualizer never alter these. Just to verify, if you start the older DbVisualizer version. Does it then work properly? Regards Roger

Re: SQL ERROR on query that runs perfectly in stable version
downgraded some minutes ago to the last 'stable' So I would assume there is definitely something that is different in the BETA version...

so, in résumé: version 9_0_7: query OK, nls session parameters set to Belgium (where I live) --> query OK BETA version: query error (not valid month), nls session parameters set to America --> report error

Hi, What Java version are you using in 9.0.7 and in the 91.2029 versions (listed in Help->About) and what JDBC driver version (list in the Connection Message when connected). Can you please also post or email the content of Help->System Properties for these versions? Thanks! Regards Roger support@dbvis.com

This is the info on the version that works: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.7 Build: #1935 (2013/06/04 10:02) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.6.0_43 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 will re-install the beta version to give you that info as well...

Don't forget: "Can you please also post or email the content of Help->System Properties for these versions?" Regards Roger

BETA version info: Product: DbVisualizer Pro 91.2029 Build: #2029 (2013/06/24 15:20) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_25 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows 7 OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 6.1 contents of the help, system information of the BETA version

CONTENTS of the HELP, system information of the STABLE version (where the SQL statement is OK):

Hi, Thanks. The locale management for Java have changed in Java 7. Try the following as a temporary workaround in the beta version: 1) Open DBVIS_HOME\dbvis.vmoptions in a text editor 2) Add a new row at the end and insert this: -Dsun.locale.formatasdefault=true 3) Save the file 4) Start DbVisualizer and verify Regards Roger

Yes, works fine now ! will this automatically be solved in the next stable release ?

Thanks for confirming. Yes it will be fixed in next stable release. Regards Roger