Start a new topic

Updater - Select Directory dialog

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

From the "Updater" dialog I chose the "Browse ..." button to select a download directory. In the "Select Directory" dialog I scrolled down a little ways to find the directory I wanted (this step is key to reproducing the problem). I tried to double-click on a directory to expand it. The tree view jumped to a different position in the directory tree and expanded a directory that was different from the one I tried to expand. I then closed the dialog and started again. This time I single-clicked instead of double-clicked. The dialog scrolled the tree view to put the selected directory at the bottom of the dialog. So it looks like the view is scrolled to put the selected directory at the bottom of the dialog, but ONLY on the first selection. Subsequent selections do not display this behaviour. I'm able to reproduce this behaviour consistently. Product: DbVisualizer Pro 91.2029 Build: #2029 (2013/06/24 15:20) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM Java Version: 1.7.0_25 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Mac OS X OS Arch: x86_64 OS Version: 10.8.4

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Updater - Select Directory dialog
> {quote:title=Steve Jakob wrote:}{quote} > ... So it looks like the view is scrolled to put the selected directory at the bottom of the dialog, but ONLY on the first selection. Subsequent selections do not display this behaviour. I'm able to reproduce this behaviour consistently. Correction. This happens for the first selection in a directory tree. For example, if I open the dialog, scroll down, then attempt to pick a directory called "Software" I get the odd scrolling behaviour. If I then try to pick subdirectory "DbVisualizer" within that software directory, the odd scrolling behaviour will occur again. Getting it to happen with the subdirectory is not so consistent, though. I haven't figured out yet what triggers this behaviour to occur on the subdirectory. It seems to be fairly consistent if the parent folder gets scrolled off the top of the dialog.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Another followup: it looks to me like the dialog may be attempting to reposition the view of the directory hierarchy to put the parent folder at the top of the dialog, but it never scrolls far enough that the selected dialog scrolls out of view. Whatever it's doing, it's kind of annoying when you have to navigate several levels into a directory tree.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Steve, Thanks for the really detailed posts. We will look into this. Regards Roger