Start a new topic

next/previous TAB keymapping in SQLCommander?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, for some reason I don't seem to be able to memorize the keymapping for this. Does a keymapping for switch to next/previous tab in SQLCommander still exist? Was expecting something with option-tab. Thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: next/previous TAB keymapping in SQLCommander?
I think this is actually a bug. If any one of the result tab headers has focus then pressing ctrl+pagedown moves to the next result tab or ctrl+pageup moves to the previous result tab. The problem though is that it only works once - if you press it a 2nd time it moves to a new SQL Commander or object tab instead, even though a result tab header appears to still have focus. If you click the resultset header tab again it will work again for a single keypress but that somewhat defeats the point of keyboard navigation. Also, this keypress should really be in the Window menu, alongside the Next Tab and Previous Tab entries.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ronald & Vince, We will look into this. Regards Roger

Ronald & Vince, This is now fixed in the just released 91.2044 version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, good to see the improvement but .... ;-) when I open 6 TABS in SQLCommander and go tabbing to the left, it works as I expect. When tabbing to the right, when reaching the last TAB, suddenly the focus changes to the editor and breaks the expected behavior of being able to TAB back and forward. In my case, 5 TABS were visible. Even explicitly clicking the 6th TAB header does not give back the focus to the header row. Visibly, it looks like the TAB header has focus but it is not listening. I have to click the 5th (or more to the left) TAB header to regain focus and switch TAB functionality again. Ronald.

Ronald, Problem is that Alt-Left and Alt-Right are defined in the editor as well and it will grab these key strokes. We will adjust so in next beta Ctrl-Left and Ctrl-Right are used to switch tabs with the Mac OS X key map in DbVisualizer. To fix open Tool Properties and select General / Appearance / Key Bindings. For the active key map in the list click "Make Copy" and for the new key map select Main Menu / Window and assign Ctrl-Right and Ctrl-Left to the respective Next Tab and Previous Tab actions. Do also remove the Alt-Left and Alt-Right mappings. This will be fixed in the next version. Regards Roger

Hi guys, A fix for this is now included in the just released DbVisualizer 9.1. Best Regards, Hans