Start a new topic

Autocomplete can be tricked into leaving prefixed characters

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Assume I have a table, +mytable+, with two columns, +mycolumn1+ and +mycolumn2+. If I open the object and type mycol into the filter on the Data tab and press Ctrl+Space, I can see +mycolumn1+ in the list as I'd expect and I can select it with up+down arrow + enter to autocomplete as expected. After autocompleting +mycolumn1+ though, I may decide I wanted a different column with a similar name so I delete the last few chars of +mycolumn1+ to form +mycol+ and then use ctrl-space again. This time, if I select +mycolumn2+, the column name autocompleted appears as +mycolmycolumn2+ instead. Note that the cursor is still at the end of the word +mycol+ when I autocomplete so I'd expect it to replace the whole word +mycol+ with +mycolumn2+.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Autocomplete can be tricked into leaving prefixed characters
Vince, Thanks for reporting this. It will be fixed in next beta. Regards Roger

Vince, This is now fixed in the just released 91.2044 version. Regards Roger

Hi Vince, The fix is now also part of the just released DbVisualizer 9.1. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Sorry Hans but I have just observed the same behaviour in 9.1's SQL Commander. It looks like it's now working OK in the table quick filter though. However a similar issue occurs in the quick filter only. Try entering a quick filter of "datalength(m) = 3" and then attempt to autocomplete m to form mycolumn1 (or whatever is in the table you're looking at). The rightmost bracket is removed. Surprisingly this doesn't happen if you attempt to autocomplete between empty brackets, only when there's at least one char there.

Hi Vince, I can reproduce the problem with the disappearing right parenthesis and will have a look at it. I cannot, however, reproduce something similar to what you first reported for the inline filter in the SQL Commander. Can you give us a reproducible example? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Odd - I can't replicate it now either. Must be something to do with the specific script I was editing at the time. Sadly I can't recall which it was. I'll post again if I find a way to replicate it but otherwise please ignore. Cheers, Vince

Vince, Just to inform you this is now fixed in the just released 9.1.1 version. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger